2011 Mission Trip Scheduled
The next PPC medical mission to Haiti is scheduled for Jan. 18-24, 2011. Doctors, nurses, support people and translators are needed, along with medical supplies which the team will carry with them. Generic brands are welcome; no product can exceed its expiration date at the time of delivery; and large quantities will be divided into resealable bags for distribution to the people.
The following are examples of items needed:
- Multi-vitamins, both adult and children's chewable;
- iron supplements;
- Tylenol (acetaminophen);
- Advil (ibuprofen);
- Aleve (naproxen);
- Tums (antacids) - chewable;
- adhesive bandages;
- Neosporin (any antibacterial ointment);
- toothbrushes and toothpaste;
- disposable gloves;
- antibacterial soap;
- resealable plastic bags (pint- and quart-size, preferably freezer for longer durability);
- used eyeglasses;
- new or used sunglasses;
- kids' shoes, new or gently used;
- wedding dresses
- large plastic containers of Purell or other hand sanitizer
- antibacterial wet wipes
There will be collection boxes in the Narthex and upper hallway starting November 21. If you have large quantities, please contact us for pickup and storage.
For additional information, contact Linda Jenkins (480.515.1275 or email@example.com), Roy Gust (480.315.1701 or firstname.lastname@example.org) or Jan Loichle (480.575.9125 or email@example.com).