Accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children(NAEYC) and inspired by the schools of Reggio Emilia, Pinnacle Presbyterian Preschool is dedicated to enriching the lives of preschool children in our community and to provide a foundation of positive values centered in a Christian faith.
At the heart of our philosophy are the values we hold for children. Curriculum happens all day, in every routine, every action and every interaction. We want children’s time here to be characterized by:
- Purposeful work times, in which children’s questions are investigated, ideas are pursued and where understandings, emotions and explorations serve as the foundation for our curriculum
- Unlimited opportunities, and with substantial adult support, which enable children to form rewarding relationships with each other, creating a community shaped by playfulness, inquiry and affection.
- Christian values that are not just studied, but lived. Children are met on their level, and teachers show through their own example Christ’s way of love, acceptance, and forgiveness.
- Open ended opportunities for children to represent their theories, experiences and feelings using media and materials which allow them to create through making, shaping, taking apart and recreating.
- Opportunities for children to get messy and dive into sensory exploration;
- Open invitations for children to be strong and powerful in their bodies, engaging in physical play and risk taking.
- Adults function with quiet gentleness and respect in the classroom. With our voices, our movements and our demeanor we acknowledge that the classrooms embody the children’s work spaces, dreaming spaces, feeling spaces, living spaces, and that adults are there to listen and to support children in their play and investigations.
We believe that each moment offers an opportunity to explore relationships and to create a community that nurtures children, teachers, and families. Each moment holds a range of feelings and interests. There are always questions to pursue, hypotheses to investigate, and discoveries to celebrate.